I made two pizzas tonight from the same batch of dough as yesterday, only now the dough has had a two day ferment… I should mention these are all about 285g dough balls.
I changed the oven set up: I moved the oven rack down one notch and placed the 1/2 inch Baking Steel directly on top of a 1″ terracotta paving stone. I set the oven to “high” and preheat for 1 hour. The oven hit a maximum of about 280C, a bit higher than yesterday’s high temperatures of about 255C. This is in our domestic electric static oven. The oven temperature still seems a bit low for some reason.
Tonight I pulled the pizza dough out of the fridge at the same time I turned on the oven, so the dough was shaped and had a final proof for about 45 minutes before I baked the first pie. The first dough ball was still very elastic and not as extensible as I would have liked.
The pizza was launched onto the pizza stone at the beginning of the heating cycle. Pizza baked for approximately 6 minutes with oven set on “bake.” Good oven spring on cornicione. Some light leopard spotting on crust.
The pizza was launched at the beginning of the heating cycle. Pizza baked for approximately 6 minutes. Good oven spring on cornicione. Some light leopard spotting on crust.
With this oven set up on the second highest rack, the pizza stone ends up a bit farther from the top element, aproximately 10cm below. I would most likely get a better result by moving the pizza stone closer to the top element.